Car Care Tips: Routine Maintenance
Regardless if you drive a Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge, or Ram model, it’s important to keep it running smoothly. Norwalk drivers should consider these car care tips for routine maintenance in order to do so!
Importance of Routine Maintenance
Routine maintenance is important for many reasons, mostly that it keeps your car running properly. To maximize the life of your vehicle, create a basic maintenance schedule based on the following:
- Mileage: Mileage tends to be the greatest indicator of when certain services should be completed. Check the mileage intervals suggested by your manufacturer.
- Time: Sometimes, components require service before you reach a specific mileage milestone. Make sure to pay attention to different parts and how they’re functioning over time.
Types of Routine Maintenance
Routine maintenance includes, but is not limited to:
- Oil and oil filter changes
- Fluid checks, including transmission fluid, coolant, power steering fluid, and windshield wiper fluid
- Tire tread depth/tire care inspection
- Air filters
- Battery service and battery replacement (usually after three to four years)
- Radiator hoses
- Brake pads
- Spark plugs and spark plug wires
In general, it’s good practice to conduct thorough inspections of all engine, transmission, brake, suspension, and cooling components on a regular basis.
Schedule Service with Garavel CJDR
Connect with the service department at Garavel CJDR to learn more about our service offerings or to make an appointment! Our team can assist with virtually all forms of car care — from resetting your RAM 1500’s check engine light to creating a winter emergency kit to help you stay safe in snowy and icy conditions. We’re staffed by locals and can even help you find the best restaurants in Norwalk, CT!