What is the 2022 Jeep Compass Towing Capacity?
Despite what you might be expecting with the small stature of the compact 2022 Jeep Compass, you’ll have to compromise on towing capability. But this isn’t true at all. In fact, the 2022 Jeep Compass towing capacity tops out at a robust 2,000 pounds. Learn more about how the Jeep Compass towing capacity can enhance your next adventure in the Stamford area, then explore the new Compass inventory today at Garavel CJDR in Norwalk. Once you’ve found the one that works for you, simply apply for financing online!
2022 Jeep Compass Towing Capacity & Engine Specs
As Stamford drivers know, the Jeep towing capacity is always impressive. In addition to the 2022 Jeep Compass’s 2,000-pound towing capacity, you’ll enjoy the versatile cabin which not only can it seat up to 5 passengers, but also offers up to 59.8 cubic feet of cargo space. Every Jeep Compass is equipped with a 2.4L MultiAir engine and is available with FWD or 4×4. Take a look at the 2022 Jeep Compass engine specs below:
- 2.4L I-4 MultiAir engine with FWD
- 180 hp
- 175 lb-ft of torque
- 6-speed automatic transmission
- EPA-estimated 22 mpg city/31 mpg highway
- 4,400 Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (GVWR)
If you choose the 4×4 option, you’ll have a higher GVWR and a 9-speed automatic transmission. There’s a slight drop in fuel economy with the 4×4 2022 Jeep Compass models, but the superior off-road capability is a bonus that many drivers prefer to opt for.
2022 Jeep Compass Towing Package and Features
While the engine is the key to the 2022 Jeep Compass towing capacity, this SUV also comes loaded with features that make towing in Bridgeport easier and safer than ever. Here’s some information about the Jeep Compass towing package and other features designed to enhance your towing experience:
- Jeep Compass Towing Package — For maximum Jeep towing capacity, the Jeep Compass Towing Package includes a four-pin wiring harness and a Class III tow hitch receiver.
- ParkView® Rear Back-Up Camera — Hitching up to your trailer is easier than ever with this feature that includes dynamic gridlines.
- Water Fording — Equipped with high air intakes and special water sealing, you can get your boat into the water without having to worry about getting water inside your 2022 Compass.
- Selec-Terrain® Traction Management System – This system includes optimized drive modes for Snow, Sand, Mud, and (available) Rock to make towing and all driving safer and easier.
- Hill Descent Control — Offered exclusively for the 2022 Jeep Compass Trailhawk® trim leveI, Hill Descent Control adjusts braking, speed, and throttle when navigating steep terrain.
- Jeep® Active Drive Low 4×4 System — The Trailhawk® trim also includes advanced 4×4 capability features like a rear-axle disconnect, which lets you switch between 2WD for more efficiency or 4WD for better traction.
What Can a 2022 Jeep Compass Tow?
Along with asking “How much can a Jeep Compass tow?” many drivers will want to know “What can a Jeep Compass tow?” The 2022 Jeep Compass towing capacity of 2,000 pounds will allow you to tow the following when properly equipped:
- Small teardrop trailer
- Small boat
- Small A-frame camper
- Utility trailer
- Two stand-up jet skis
- Four kayaks
Experience the New Jeep Compass in Norwalk Today
No matter how you plan to take advantage of your Jeep towing capacity, you’ll find the right Compass model at the right price when you visit Garavel CJDR. Make sure to check out our new vehicle specials and get a head start on the car-buying process. And if you find you have any questions, you can always contact us and we’ll make sure to set you straight.
More from Garavel CJDR
It seems like everyone in Stamford is thinking about gas mileage these days. That’s why we’re so impressed with the new Jeep Cherokee fuel economy. The 2022 Jeep Cherokee gas mileage can reach up to 31 miles per gallon when your vehicle is properly equipped. We break out the impressive EPA-estimated Jeep Cherokee mileage by…
Despite what you might be expecting with the small stature of the compact 2022 Jeep Compass, you’ll have to compromise on towing capability. But this isn’t true at all. In fact, the 2022 Jeep Compass towing capacity tops out at a robust 2,000 pounds. Learn more about how the Jeep Compass towing capacity can enhance…
Stamford drivers interested in off-roading, but wanting to save a little money when commuting around the Greenwich-area can opt for the Jeep Wrangler 4xe. This new model has lower greenhouse gas emissions than any other previous Wrangler, and it’s the first-ever electrified open-air SUV. Explore the Jeep Wrangler 4xe range and gas mileage with…