How Much Can a RAM 1500 Tow?
How much can RAM 1500 tow? The 2020 RAM 1500 towing capacity maxes out at 12,750 pounds when properly equipped. This stunning figure has earned the RAM 1500 “Best-in-Class V8 engine towing.” Learn all about the new RAM 1500 towing capacity, and then get in touch Garavel CJDR to schedule for a test drive of the RAM 1500 configurations around greater Stamford and Greenwich.
RAM 1500 Engines & Capacities
Now that you know how much a RAM 1500 tow, let’s take a closer look at the RAM 1500 engines for a deeper look at the spectrum of RAM 1500 towing capacities and performance specs:
- 3.6L V6 24V VVT eTorque Engine Upg I—offers 305 hp and 269 lb-ft of torque. Towing capability reaches 7,730 pounds.
- 5.7L V8 HEMI® MDS VVT Engine—offers 395 hp, 410 lb-ft of torque, and tows up to 11,610 pounds.
- 5.7L V8 HEMI® MDS VVT eTorque Engine—produces the same figures shown above, but boosts towing to 12,750 pounds.
- 3.0L EcoDiesel V6 Engine—produces up to 260 hp, 480 lb-ft of torque, and tows a max of 12,560 pounds—”best-in-class towing for a diesel engine.”
Every RAM 1500 engine gets paired with a standard Class-Exclusive TorqueFlite® 8-speed automatic transmission to increase capability. Finally, RAM 1500 payload capacity varies from 2,100 to 2,300 pounds.
More Features for Easier Towing
The 2020 RAM 1500 towing capacity is only part of the picture when it comes to capability. Bridgeport and Fairfield drivers will also enjoy a multitude of cutting-edge towing features:
- Largest-in-Class Brakes: 14.9-inch brakes give you extra stopping power and stability when hauling heavy load.
- TorqueFlite® Transmission: This new class-exclusive is the secret ingredient to the RAM 1500 ability to earn 20 mpg city/25 mpg highway while generating jobsite capable power.
- Blind Spot Monitoring with Rear Cross Path and Trailer Detection: This available system watches your blind zones, and automatically accounts for trailer length.
Test Drive the 2020 RAM 1500 at Garavel CJDR!
Now that you have answers to the question “how much can a RAM 1500 tow?”, we recommend that you experience the RAM 1500 towing capacity firsthand by scheduling for a test drive at Garavel CJDR. While you’re here, don’t forget to fill out a financing application to see how much vehicle you can afford. Also, if you’re still researching, be sure to compare the 2020 RAM 1500 with the Ford F-150.
*Class based on Light-Duty pickup
More From Garavel CJDR
How much can RAM 1500 tow? The 2020 RAM 1500 towing capacity maxes out at 12,750 pounds when properly equipped. This stunning figure has earned the RAM 1500 “Best-in-Class V8 engine towing.” Learn all about the new RAM 1500 towing capacity, and then get in touch Garavel CJDR to schedule for a test drive of the…
Looking to learn how much the new 2020 Chrysler Pacifica can tow? This capable and family-friendly van is able to tow up to 3,600 pounds regardless of the trim configuration you choose, giving you plenty of power to take you to new heights whether you’re towing a boat, a camper, or a trailer. Learn all…
Its sleek and sporty exterior combined with a seriously comfortable and contemporary interior make the 2020 Jeep Compass a fantastic choice for your next Norwalk family vehicle. The 2020 Jeep Compass comes in four core models as well as three special edition options so you can certainly find the configuration that delivers best on your…